pop ups

k_g2000 22:09 23 Jun 03

Hi guys, for the past week I've been getting pop ups were ever I go all with the title save.
I've unistalled pop upstopper(which I've had no problems with untill now) and replaced it with pop up killer but still these pop ups get through.
Does anyone know of any utilites which specifically target these? or any configuration changes I can make?
THanks
K_g

JoeC 22:10 23 Jun 03

the lines of this ?

( Courtesy of click here )
This isn't spyware or adware. It's the messaging service built into Windows which is being used by spammers.(Windows Messenger - not .Net Messenger ).
To get rid of it,turn off the messaging service.
Windows 2000 and XP:- Go Start > Run > type in services.msc.Double-click on Messenger and in the Messenger Properties window, select Stop, then choose Disable as the Startup Type.Click OK.
Windows 95, 98, and ME:- Go to Control Panel and Add/Remove.Select Windows Setup.Select System Tools.Click Details.Uncheck WinPopUp.Click OK.

Kitz E Kat 22:28 23 Jun 03

I got Norton Firewall which has a pop up stopper... nothin, not a pop up to be seen since... worth every penny/cent/dime/drachma/whatever..
Kitz E Kat

k_g2000 22:28 23 Jun 03

Thanks for the input JoeC, I'll give it a try.
K_g

k_g2000 22:38 23 Jun 03

Thanks Kitz E Kat, job done JoeC, I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks Guys.

k_g2000 22:50 23 Jun 03

JoeC.
No joy there still getting through.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…