Pop-Ups

Cara2 23:43 19 Oct 06

Not sure which forum but I shall try here..friends computer is being plagued by a pop up which she cannot get rid of.

It is 'Isecurity' and when first appeared, it scarily declared her comp was infected...blah blah...and to press such a link etc. Without thinking she did so and now cannot rid her comp of it.

Anybody heard of it, or know how to delete it from her computer? She has looked at 'add/remove programs' etc. but it is secretly hidden away somewhere.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks Cara

skidzy 23:52 19 Oct 06

Try running Ewido and Spybot click here

johnnyrocker 23:54 19 Oct 06

number one disable windows messenger if the message appears in a grey box, (via add remove windows) in add remove from control panel. if a different type get pop up stopper from click here

johnny.

michaelandjolou 00:06 20 Oct 06

More than likely this is spyware. first downlload a good spyware cleaner, Skidzy mentioned Spybot and ewido. There are others but try these first. click here

Before doing this try clearing out your folder of internet clutter first.

select tools on the top menu on IE and select 'Internet Options'. Delete all files and all cookies using the click boxes. try using it for a day or so. If the pop-ups persist as I think they might use Spybot to check for problems.

i would recommend downloading Spybot anyway regardless of whether clearing your IE folder works. there's lots of nasties out there that might not be so obvious.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced