Pop ups

ericstoe 20:01 21 Jun 05

i seem to be getting dozens of popups related to spyware warnings, registry clean ups etc all with Microsoft internet explorer in the title. I have adaware and skybot and each time I run them(within 24 hrs0 they are finding >60 items. I delete these and have done a Macafee virus check but still get the pop ups. Any suggestions gratefully received. Running XP.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:05 21 Jun 05

In case you haven't do this......click here

Turn off system restore and empty ALL the files in C:Windows/Prefetch.

Run CCleaner click here and delete ALL it finds.

Scan your computer with MS Antispy and delete all it finds....click here

Do a scan with your updated AV (just a check really).

Turn sys restore back on and set a restore point.

G

ericstoe 20:23 21 Jun 05

call me dozy but I have forgotten how to switch off my system restore

VoG II 20:26 21 Jun 05
  ericstoe 15:30 25 Jun 05

Thanks for all this, i have tried it all but am still getting the popups and my computer is running slowly. I also keep getting a new desktop which says 'launch derbiz' and this is constantly trying to get a connection to the net. Also I thought about doing a system restore but only have restore points from 21/6 and this will not help. Any other suggestions

p;3 15:42 25 Jun 05

an idea; click here try running this program;see if you run clear?

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:56 25 Jun 05

Run the following first and then run the second link.
click here

click here

G

ericstoe 00:24 26 Jun 05

Gandalf, Thanks for these but when I try to run it is saying it will not as I am not the administrator, yet I am!!! Also can you recommend a good freebie firewall. I have macafe but it is giving me all sorts of problems and i have lost patience with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…