hubdean 16:19 04 Apr 05

i have pop ups coming on to my screen
i have run spybot &
adwear remover
but still they come
messenger is disabled & google is stopping some
help

pauldonovan 16:46 04 Apr 05

... in that program look at the Browser Helper Object tab to see if anything is running there that looks odd. Also look in the startup to see if anything in there doesn't look right. Post what you find if you like.

Alternatively, a program called hijackthis will output a log we can look at.

griffon 56 17:04 04 Apr 05

Hi Hubdean,

Recommend using Firefox browser from click here, it's faster than IE and has a built-in pop-up blocker.

Further to what Pauldonovan said there's a Hijackthis log tutorial in the 'Tutorials & Guides' section of the List of Lists at click here. Could be useful in explaining what you would get from using Hijackthis. If you've never met it before the List of Lists is a great place for freestuff of all kinds.

hubdean 17:14 04 Apr 05

thanks a lot
hijackthis sean to have done the job
no popups as yet
thanks

pauldonovan 17:42 04 Apr 05

hijackthis I don't believe will actually stop it....it will just report what is running, then you post here and we tell you what to do?! Or am I missing something?!

hubdean 18:07 04 Apr 05

i have deleated what hijackthis came up with
bar what i wanted to keep
it must have stopped it because i dont have popups anymore

pauldonovan 10:31 05 Apr 05

..it sounded like you were saying hijackthis sorted it and I would've said that was unlikely...get what you mean now...glad it helped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…