Pop Ups

knobi1knobi 07:45 05 Jul 04

Need some help sorting out my PC.
I have, somehow, got some sort of bug in my system.
Firstly, my "home page" has been taken over by
about:blank, and no matter what I do I cannot get rid of this.
secondly, whenever I go to any new page on the internet i keep getting pop ups informing me that I have been infiltrated by spyware, and that I should download this programme to scan my PC. I have not done any of this directly.
I have, however under advice from a friend, downloaded both SPYBOT and AD-AWARE.
I have run both programmes, and destroyed some problems. However this has not sorted out my original problem. Can anyone help at all PLEASE !!!!

First off, if you want to block the pop ups, go to click here and download and install their pop up blocker.

This is the nicest free blocker I know - no advertising, no registration needed so no spam e-mails from them after downloading - it just works. There is a whole suite of free security programs at the site, including a SpyBot type program, but I haven't tried the others.

end 08:24 05 Jul 04

(useful; might look at THAT for myself......!!!!)

knobi1knobi 08:40 05 Jul 04

Found another download on the internet on PCtools.com called spyware doctor 2.0
has anyone used this one, and is it reliable to download ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…