Pop-Up Stoppers

1jacks64 14:58 28 Sep 03

The problem with pop-up stoppers you can download from the interent are that they cause some windows that you do want not to be displayed. I have noticed this when logging onto internet banking for example.
I say I want to log on and the screen where you enter your passwords does not appear but when I disable the pop-up stopper it does appear.

I have recently been having pop-ups titled Save! and Third Party Advertisement that seem to have got into my system memory and automatically appear whn viewing certain web pages. I have been to add/remove programs but do not seem to be able to find it. I can only think it must be on my system as some other name.

Any tips to solve this would be most gratefully received.

MAJ 15:08 28 Sep 03

The first problem usually occurs when the popup stopper requires that you hold down a key (usually the Ctrl key) to let the popup appear. You should find more info on the required key press in the programme's preferences or in a "Readme" file downloaded when you downloaded the program, 1jacks64

For your second problem I suggest that you download update and run "Adaware" and "Spybot Search and Destroy" to suss out and delete any spyware that has been installed surreptitiously on your computer.

woodchip 15:51 28 Sep 03

You need to get Netscape 7 it'd built in

expertec 16:16 28 Sep 03

For Ad-Aware click here for Spybot click here

With Pop-Up stopper from click here you can let throught the popups you want by pressing Ctrl

pj123 16:17 28 Sep 03

I have Google as my home page. You can download the Google toolbar which has Popup stopper on it. Mine has blocked 95 popups so far.

You have to have IE 5.5 and above though.

krypt1c 16:22 28 Sep 03

You could try Avant Browser. Built in popup blocker, tabbed browsing click here

Patr100 23:01 28 Sep 03

I use the Google toolbar with First Direct Internet Banking. You can switch it off to allow popups on certain sites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…