Pop-Up Stopper and ringtone adverts

terryp96 21:43 17 May 05

I am running ME, and have the free version of Pop-Up Stopper which generally works most of the time but recently I am getting loads of ring tone adverts. I have shown no interest in these companies or mobile phones. Somehow these sites are getting through the Pop-Up Stopper and when they do everything freezes up, sometimes
'ctrl-alt-del' works but other times I have to reset the computer and start again.
The sites I visit are my bank, E-Bay, Pc Advisor and they can find their way through anything.
Anyone any ideas how I can rid myself of these pests.
I have tried updating Pop-Up Stopper but there are none available.

VoG II 21:47 17 May 05

Google toolbar click here

terryp96 22:57 18 May 05

Thanks VoG, I've downloaded it and I will see what happens.

terryp96 21:50 19 May 05

Hi VoG re your answer to my Query regarding Ring Tone adds defeating my popup Stopper, I downloaded the Google toolbar with its own pop Up Stopper but I am still getting popups getting through 2 stoppers.
The one that causes the freezing up is back again and I have made a note of what happens, it's on my screen now, the ringtone add is from 'Universe Ring Tone' and when it appears another one is attached to it, this has the message 'Do you want to use Derbiz. com service? Please click Ok then click Yes when prompted' I can't get rid of it either by using the cross in top right or doing 'ctrl-alt-del' i usually have to do a restart to get rid of it, at the moment I am running another screen running on top of the message

iambeavis 21:56 19 May 05

Some info on removing "Derbiz" here :- click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…