pop up stopper puzzle

captain birdseye 08:58 12 Aug 04

My daughters laptop running XP was infected by the Spooner-A trojan which I seem to have cleared. Spybot picks up 4 instances of DSO Exploit (I have only managed to delete one of five) although I have changed the values of 1004 in the registry from 0 to 3 as instructed in the DSO fix. She cannot connect to the internet and I suspect either a faulty modem or scrambled settings (not had time to look at this yet)but the query is when she is not connected to the net why does she get frequent pop ups telling her that Panicwear's Pop-Up stopper has blocked a pop up?.......confused? I certainly am! Comments welcome please. Cheers.

rawprawn 09:03 12 Aug 04

You can't get rid of the final DSExploit, it is a glitch in Spybot aand until they issue a patch (Long promised) it's there to stay. The good news is it's harmless.As for the other query I am as baffled as you.Sorry

johnnyrocker 09:03 12 Aug 04

one possibility is a glitch in the stopper, easiestway is to go into it's settings an set block silently or uninstall re install.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 09:05 12 Aug 04

strange i never get dso messages are you fully up to date?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…