pop up stopper or ad-aware ???

Magik™ 08:55 05 Apr 03

hi all, at the moment i keep getting a box come up about a "browser plug in" i click no, which then jumps to another page, and the circle carries on....mostly for site's you would not want your mother to see......thing is, which of the above should i put in to stop them, and what is the difference ?

thanks all.

lil_nick_90 09:07 05 Apr 03

erm... i dunno about ad-aware but pop-up stopper is pretty good. but it does let quite a few pop-ups in

Magik™ 09:14 05 Apr 03

thanks, better hang on a while longer in case there is someing else to try.

acfc 09:32 05 Apr 03

I have taken the advice from this forum and installed spywareblaster click here which prevent Spyware installing and Spybot search & destroy which remove Spyware click here

You could also install pop-up stopper if the the problem continues click here although I find the small number of ads a very minor problem now (except those ..... 3's of course).

JoeC 09:40 05 Apr 03

go into Preferences and put a tick in " Enable Aggressive Pop-up Control " - I got a couple of pop-ups until I did this and now get none.

Magik™ 09:41 05 Apr 03

Thanks..i will go through all 3..thanks again

Magik™ 09:42 05 Apr 03

just downloading it now, i will tick the box when it is in, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…