pop up screens that u can't turn off

bellyshere 20:35 07 Feb 04

Whilst browsing some of the seedier side of the web the other day, come on we all do it, a pop up web page appeared that i couldn't shut down. There was no red cross to remove it and right click on tool bar wouldn't shut it down either. I've come across a few of these in the past, no pun intended. Only way to get rid is to shut down. Any suggestions other than, don't surf in bad places. Everyone has to have a hobby.....

VoG II 20:38 07 Feb 04

Try the Google Toolbar which has an excellent pop-up stopper click here

bellyshere 20:44 07 Feb 04

I've got a pop up stopper on. It still can't shut certain ones out....

Rennaissance 22:44 07 Feb 04

click on it and alt+f4 try that.

byfordr 22:49 07 Feb 04

Does killing it through task manager work?

Gaz 25 23:00 07 Feb 04

I am sure this is either messenger pop-ups of which there is Jester 2Ks messenger disable util: click here

Or I am sure this is most likely the JS\NO close Trojan/Trick that incorporates itself into the pop-up. Get a decent antivirus package to find this trojan.

gudgulf 23:23 07 Feb 04

I'm afraid to admit Ive come across this type of thing myself--If you are using xp hit cont-alt -del and kill it using task manager as byfordr suggests.

I dont think this is related to the noclose trojan,I've had that too and it didnt do the same thing.

If I were you I'd make shure that I have and use Adaware and spybot S&D and also a good internet web trail cleaner.

Gaz 25 01:16 08 Feb 04

There are 4 variants of JS\NoClose, they can now remove the right click close function.

Stuartli 08:59 08 Feb 04

If you switch to another window the popup should minimise - by right clicking on this in the Task Bar you can then Close it.

keith-236785 11:03 08 Feb 04

pressing ALT+ESC also minimizes the popups so you can kill them with right click/close, if you get a stubborn one then CTRL+ALT+DEL click on the popup entry and choose end task. If you have problems beyond that then the only choice is to log off the internet and restart.

to avoid them altogether, DONT GO ON THEM SITES AGAIN, (that was a waste of typing wasn't it lol)

good luck

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:14 08 Feb 04

Try noads from click here

Then open no adds scan the open windows it displays in the top select the 1 u wont to close and select add to targets the clcik hide to minimise noads it will block the popup every time it trys to open after that,it can be updated
as well from master site with know popup windows and sites.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…