pop up screens

stubow 20:05 15 Apr 05

a small window appears after start up,calc has caused an error in unknown>.calc will now close,but it does not close even after restarting the laptop.if i get it to close another one pops up,this time it is packager wirh the same result.any help would be much appreciated.stu.

woodchip 20:15 15 Apr 05

Is this what you are running click here

stubow 20:26 15 Apr 05

not as far as i know,as i said when i get rid of calc it changes to packager then back to calc.am running win me on an 850 p3 toshiba laptop.

woodchip 21:43 15 Apr 05

Try this go top start\run type msconfig press enter, go startup tab look for calc, remove the tick. you can remove most of the things in there that start at boot but do not remove AV or Firewall. If you have any probs after just go through the above and put the tick back

stubow 18:50 17 Apr 05

woodchip,still no joy,cannot find anything that relates to calc or packager in start up,any other thoughts would be much appreciated.

VoG II 18:57 17 Apr 05

calc.exe is the Windows calculator.

Or it could be more sinister click here

Try an on line scan click here

stubow 17:39 19 Apr 05

thanks for all the suggestions,problem now resolved,cheers stubow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…