Pop Up Problem

S.A.W 15:32 16 Apr 04

Please help!! I am on aol and have disabled annoying pop ups. However as children use msn messenger, we are being bombarded with annoying grey pop ups which are extremely rude!!(Messenger Service) There goes another one. I do not know how to get rid of them and stop them, they are coming on the screen about evry thirty seconds, what am i doing wrong?? I have logged out of msn and messenger and they still keep coming, they are driving me mad!!! Does anyone know how to get rid of them? If so I would be really grateful for any help.

hugh-265156 15:40 16 Apr 04

start/control panel/administrative tools/services

scroll down to find "messenger service"

double click it and set the start up option to "disabled" and restart the computer.

note messenger service is not related to msn messenger or windows messenger chat programs.

VoG II 15:56 16 Apr 04
  Diodorus Siculus 15:59 16 Apr 04

click here
for yet another way...

end 18:02 17 Apr 04

for another suggestion....I use Guard IE (soon to be upgraded to Guardwall) ; can get it from
click here; I find it works perfectly for my "needs" and can be "tweeked" to your specifications......and a good "test site" for the effectiveness OF a programme... click here ;"works for me" .....choice is yours.....

S.A.W 22:25 22 Apr 04

Thanks very much guys, problem solved!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…