POP - NTL - OUTLOOK PROBLEM

Jeep129 11:28 12 Nov 03

I am a non-tech person who is going crazy with this problem.

My Outlook Express is having trouble with outgoing mail (actually, not going out at all), which I understand is a prolific problem with NTL-POP. I reckon I had a massive spam attack which has caused this.

Is there any quick fix known?

Lozzy 11:44 12 Nov 03

In OE then Accounts the properties of your email account click on Server Tab, then make sure you POP address is pop.ntlworld.com and SMTP is smtp.ntlworld.com then click apply and OK..

Another reason could be, If your in the Leicester area there has been an outage.

pj123 11:54 12 Nov 03

NTL had a problem with their email service but it appears to be fixed now, at least I can send/receive emails. To keep up with the situation visit this site. click here

TBH1 12:23 12 Nov 03

also to send from your ntl account you need to actually have signed-on via your ntl isp.
For example, if your signed-onto say, your btopenworld account you will be able to pick up email from every account you hold, if you have set up OE to do so - - - however, you will only be able to send from your btopenworld account.
This probably absolutely nothing what-so-ever to do with your problem - - am I waffling ????
I'll get me coat - - -

skell 15:51 12 Nov 03

LOL TBH1

Im having same problem. iv given up now and cant be bothered. At least i can receive mail so i respond using another client.

Cretin07 17:53 12 Nov 03

when setting up outlook use pop.ntlworld.com as outgoing and smtp.ntlworld.com as incoming or other way round. had this problem ages ago. solved now.

A_World_Maker 18:38 12 Nov 03

Has your outlook ever worked properly? Or are you attempting to set up a new method of retreival/sending?

talia 19:01 12 Nov 03

Hi Jeep 129

My in-laws have the same problem recently and they finally got NTL to admit they were at fault.

Give them a call and they will atlk you through some tweaks as they did my in-laws.

BUT then again....why bother with them!

NTL have always been a problem!!!!!!!!!!

accord 20:20 12 Nov 03

first ive heard of a problem with ntl pop. been with them for about 4 years and no probs at all with OE5 and 6 , outlook 2k and 2003. whats all the fuss about???

bof:) 21:16 12 Nov 03

Hi All,

I've also been with NTL since it 'arrived' in our town. Apart from a few problems that were fixed very quickly I've been very happy with their service.

Mike

Merrily using win98se IE6 and NTL. :-)

lpen1 22:10 12 Nov 03

I had a problem with NTL both with broadband speeds and email. I was then using a cable set top box. They suggested that I tried a cable modem, which they fitted for free. Since I have had the modem I have had no problems with NTL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…