Pop up messenger service.

prodway 14:51 06 Jun 03

Since the last few months iv been getting more and more pop up messages which appear in a little window in the middle of the screen which calls itself "messenger service".They are like advertising stuff like blockmessenger and messegebuster which is begin to get really annoying as im getting 1 every few mins.I dont mind the odd popup when going to different websites but this is happening all the time,even if im not on a website.Anybody else have this problem?anyone know how to help me?Thanks Paul.

Conaire 14:57 06 Jun 03

I had the same problem a few months back. The software which was causing this was Gator. But i know of SAVE causing this aswell.

Goto Start -> Run -> msconfig -> unclick anything to do with gator.

hugh-265156 15:12 06 Jun 03

to stop this happening go to

controlpanel/administrativetools/services,scroll down and double click messenger and select disable as the start up type from the drop down box,apply and ok.

restart the computer for it to take effect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…