pop up blocker sound after uninstall

Nelson 14:22 15 Jan 05

I downloaded the google tool bar sometime ago mainly for its pop up blocker and I soon disabled the annoying sound it played when stopping them. After SP2 came along with its built in pop up stopper I uninstalled the google one. I now get the same google sound when browsing using IE for no apparent reason. The IE pop up stopper sound is disabled and is totally different to the google one anyway, and IE does not indicate a pop up stopped when the sound plays. It appears totally randomly. I went to the google site to look for information and it quotes
'If the sound persists after you have unchecked 'Play a sound when blocking popups' in the 'Options' menu, please be assured that the sound you are hearing is not coming from the Google Toolbar.

It is likely that the sound you are hearing is coming from Internet
Explorer or an application that is running simultaneously, such as another Popup Blocker or cookie blocker.'
It seems strange to me that the sound only appeared after uninstalling google and they state '...please be assured that the sound you are hearing is not coming from the Google Toolbar'
Suspicious to me
Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…