Pop up blocker problems

Charlie Babbage 22:43 07 Apr 05

I installed a pop up blocker from the mag - can't even remember what is was called now as subsequently deleted (see below). Likewise, did install the Google toolbar which has a pop up blocker but again deleted.

The problem I have is that my bank (click here) has an initial welcome screen which asks if you want Internet banking or another option. I want Internet banking but when I click on that link 'Error on page' displays in the bottom left hand corner where, usually, 'Done' is displayed.

Another problem is with my antivirus provider (click here). That displays a pop up screen for downloads but when the screen appearsit is totally blank.

TIA for any advice as to how to solve these problems.

My browser is IE v 5.50 and I run Windows ME.

VoG II 22:46 07 Apr 05
  THE TERMINATOR 22:55 07 Apr 05

If your browser once opened your banking site, then why don't you try a system restore to before you installed the offending program(s).

Charlie Babbage 22:56 07 Apr 05

... sorry, when I click on your link, and others (including my own above!) I get the dreaded blank page descibed in my original post.

Please can you give your URL like this which will hopefully prevent it showing as a direct link:
(www)(dot) (pcadvisor) (dot)(co) (dot)(uk)

Thanks

VoG II 22:57 07 Apr 05

http: //windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

Charlie Babbage 21:02 16 Apr 05

... you're a star!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…