Pop up blocker problem

Wispo 18:44 16 Jan 09

After finding that I had viruses on my laptop, I asked the ICT guy at work to fix it for me. Viruses appear to have been removed but when I tried to log onto internet banking, I am unable to put in memorable information as this is blocked as a pop up.
Similarly, on the National lottery site, when I tried to buy a ticket on line I couldn't enter the day of the draw I wanted.
I have tried changing the privacy settings - it's currently on med-high. Other lower settings don't seem to make any difference.
As I am not in contact with the person who 'fixed' it I was wondering if anyone could make some simple suggestions as to what I could try - thanks

brundle 20:33 16 Jan 09

Version of Windows, current antivirus product, version of Internet Explorer would help?

Wispo 21:29 16 Jan 09

Windows XP, Explorer 7 and I can see he's put on AVG Free 8.0 and Ad.Aware - not sure which is the anti virus

provider 2 23:19 16 Jan 09

No anti-spam in AVG free edition:

click here

Not sure if Ad-Aware has a spam blocker or not.

provider 2 23:33 16 Jan 09

Oops, sorry, wrong thread.

brundle 16:14 17 Jan 09

Reset IE popup blocker, reset Internet Explorer defaults, click here , download and run Malwarebytes click here , update and scan, reboot, download and run DialAFix click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5