Pop up blocker

Doberman 14:44 27 Apr 06

I tried to open a link on a Lloyds Bank website and a message appeared that popups were blocked but gave me the option to unblock which I did. Then when I tried to access again it said that pop ups were blocked on the Google toolbar. I clicked on the blocking button and it said popups to Llyds site were indeed blocked and to click to allow, it then said that access was allowed. Unfortunately I stiil cannot get access....any ideas?

johndrew 15:05 27 Apr 06

Did you close your browser and then restart? I have found this sometimes cures the difficulty.

Aargh 15:10 27 Apr 06

If you use IE, click tools and turn off popup blocker, also is your firewall software set to allow popups?

Doberman 08:28 28 Apr 06

Turning off IE didn't help nor did disabling pop ups via tools.Am using Mcafee firewall but cant find how to allow pop ups.

ACOLYTE 12:45 28 Apr 06

Have you tried holding the ctrl button down before clicking the link,this button usually overides pop up blockers.

Doberman 14:42 28 Apr 06

Thank Acolyte, workrd a treat!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…