Pop Up Blocker

maz2 16:13 04 Jul 04

Can anyone recommend a good pop up blocker, I have the Google toolbar blobking pop ups but more and more seem to be creeping through Thanks

Indigo 1 16:18 04 Jul 04

I use the built-in one in Zone Alarm Pro alongside the Google toolbar blocker and I still get the occasional one through, although they are extremely rare and give me a surprise when it happens.

flying grouse 16:20 04 Jul 04

go to my computer right click and choose "manage" from there choose "services" and click on messenger and disable this service.

this is not the same as windows messenger and is only used for spam.

PC Advice Sir 16:43 04 Jul 04

I have the one from panicware.com which seems pretty good. I have to enable it to block some of the ones that Zone Alarm doesen't.

Oh by the way its a freebie too! :-)

maz2 16:46 04 Jul 04

Right I've disabled it in services so I'll see how it goes thanks for your help

maz2 16:49 04 Jul 04

No they are still coming up as web page dialogue, I'll run my spy bot to see if I've got anything on that shouldn't be

maz2 16:49 04 Jul 04

No they are still coming up as web page dialogue, I'll run my spy bot to see if I've got anything on that shouldn't be

maz2 17:04 04 Jul 04

Ran Spybot and Ad-aware all clear, so I'll try the panicware now

flying grouse 17:15 04 Jul 04

remember to clear all you temp files........................

flying grouse 17:19 04 Jul 04

and your cookie files, these are often forgotten

maz2 17:23 04 Jul 04

Done all that tried the panicware and that didn't stop them either they must be a new type that'll get through anything

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…