pop art

mothercranky 19:18 10 Apr 07

hi folks

am still tryin to get my stupid head around photoshop, does anyone know how to do a "pop art" effect? or colour one area of a pic a really vivid contrasting colour?

thanking you all as ever x

Totally-braindead 20:09 10 Apr 07

mothercranky not being funny I mean this as a serious suggestion, have you tried your local library for a book. Photoshop is one of the most popular programs and my library has half a dozen books dedicated to Photoshop. If you're beginning at Photoshop I particularly recommend the Dummies guides to Photoshop click here very easy to work through but not something you would want to buy as its a bit too basic.

mothercranky 21:48 10 Apr 07

thank you, and i didnt think you were being funny for a minute! but i have been helped quickly on here before, and i was thinking of using this idea for a present for my friend next week if i can work it out!

santamonica 22:21 10 Apr 07

Hi my knowledge of PS is rusty and we may be using a different version but i seem to remember some funky effects in FILTERS ...which i think is located on one of the top tab bars ...sorry to be vague... hope it helps

Totally-braindead 16:49 11 Apr 07

click here I did a search for photoshop instructions and it came out with this, perhaps what you want is there.
Sorry I can help but I hardly use it now prefering the free Picassa 2, and Faststone Image Viewer, very basic but they do all I need.

Polygonal lass 18:53 11 Apr 07

Hi,

I have written four pop art lessons with Photoshop CS2 - they may help!

click here

Or, try this one. click here

PS I am currently updating my site, and some internal links are being updated!

Kate B 19:38 11 Apr 07

Great tutorials, though I wish you'd ditch the bouncy ball on your name - it's very distracting.

mothercranky 20:28 11 Apr 07

fantastic - thanks to you all xx

mothercranky 20:52 11 Apr 07

odear, my photoshop doesnt look like yours, am stumped at the 1st hurdle!!!

Polygonal lass 07:17 12 Apr 07

Mothercranky, e-mail (from my website) and I will guide you through!

Kate B, Thank you, and yes, I was thinking that myself - bouncy I's will be duly ditched.

Polygonal Lass.

Kate B 11:44 12 Apr 07

Brilliant, thanks for taking the feedback on board.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…