Pop ad hell...

madzad 12:48 27 Oct 04

Hi
I have posted in here a few weeks ago and on advice installed spybot and webroute pop up washer, as well as XP SP2 (which is a pain, as in it stops pop ups I want and not the ones I dont!).

Everytime now when log in I get this pop up which gets past all the pop stoppers and continues to do so every ten or so mins.

A friend of mine recons its something thats lodged itself in my reg files.. I have once messed with those and regretted it as I really messed up! I am running XP home with SP2 installed as well as the pop killers I have already mentioned..

If anyone has any great ideas please get tell me.

Thanks in advance

Steve UK

Lionheart ? 13:04 27 Oct 04

Could be Windows Messenger ( Not to be confused with MSN Messenger ) you could try this click here

alan227 14:03 27 Oct 04

What is the pop up?.

madzad 16:40 27 Oct 04

I have just run Webroute spy hunter and it reported 433 spies, but it picked up on the following after rebooting and fingers crossed it has killed them off completely :

VX2 (transponder)
Multimpp.dll
RU4 cookie
twain tech

Having opened IE and logged in, I have seen no sign of the "falkag" and so on ads.

I shall keep this open until Ive had chance to give it a few days running.

Thanks to all repliers..

Steve UK

ChrisRLG 16:55 27 Oct 04

SpyHunter is by Enigma
Read this about them click here from Spyware Warriors Rogue Anti-Malware list

Webroot (notice spelling) click here has SpySweeper, on the 'good' list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…