pop 3 server not working (ntl)

FaerieWings 20:12 22 May 03
  Chris the Ancient 20:17 22 May 03

No compensation, I know. But I have had a few ntl e-mail problems the past few evenings. I've just had to be patient and keep trying during the course of an evening.

Are they overloaded?

Djohn 20:28 22 May 03

You can send an e-mail to yourself, (Unlike a phone call). This way you can try different settings until you find the correct one. J.

hugh-265156 20:46 22 May 03

click here ive had a few nights this week myself when i could access my email for an hour or so.its usually fixed qiute quickly.

hugh-265156 20:47 22 May 03

could`nt even

sgtdibble 23:01 22 May 03

i had this problem with ic24 i could get on the
internet but not send or receive e-mails it turned
out that the server was down it came back in about
2 hours try waiting before doing anything drastic

sgtdibble 23:04 22 May 03

sorry i put my name instead of yours

Bebee 23:05 22 May 03

I have had similar problems occasionally. Usually returns fairly quickly. If you think there is a problem with your settings (which I did have once) try a system restore if your OS has it.

woodchip 23:14 22 May 03

NTL are making changes anybody with them should have got mail from them. They are now NTLFreedom not NTLworld. A number change as taken place For support click here currently experiencing any server problems click here or call our status line on 0800 052 4315.

Steinman 00:41 23 May 03

Well I'm ntlworld & no notification has come through about name change to me yet! However, a quick look @ the help page, as shown in woodchip's reply, shows that there are some problems. Furthermore, this has been on/off for a few days now, with password error msgs.
So don't panic Mr Mainwairing- Don't panic! :-)

FaerieWings 19:38 26 May 03

Thanks for all your help guys. I am still not able to get on but at least I am hopeful I may be restored soon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…