pop 3 server not working (ntl)

FaerieWings 20:12 22 May 03
  Chris the Ancient 20:17 22 May 03

No compensation, I know. But I have had a few ntl e-mail problems the past few evenings. I've just had to be patient and keep trying during the course of an evening.

Are they overloaded?

Djohn 20:28 22 May 03

You can send an e-mail to yourself, (Unlike a phone call). This way you can try different settings until you find the correct one. J.

hugh-265156 20:46 22 May 03

click here ive had a few nights this week myself when i could access my email for an hour or so.its usually fixed qiute quickly.

hugh-265156 20:47 22 May 03

could`nt even

sgtdibble 23:01 22 May 03

i had this problem with ic24 i could get on the
internet but not send or receive e-mails it turned
out that the server was down it came back in about
2 hours try waiting before doing anything drastic

sgtdibble 23:04 22 May 03

sorry i put my name instead of yours

Bebee 23:05 22 May 03

I have had similar problems occasionally. Usually returns fairly quickly. If you think there is a problem with your settings (which I did have once) try a system restore if your OS has it.

woodchip 23:14 22 May 03

NTL are making changes anybody with them should have got mail from them. They are now NTLFreedom not NTLworld. A number change as taken place For support click here currently experiencing any server problems click here or call our status line on 0800 052 4315.

Steinman 00:41 23 May 03

Well I'm ntlworld & no notification has come through about name change to me yet! However, a quick look @ the help page, as shown in woodchip's reply, shows that there are some problems. Furthermore, this has been on/off for a few days now, with password error msgs.
So don't panic Mr Mainwairing- Don't panic! :-)

FaerieWings 19:38 26 May 03

Thanks for all your help guys. I am still not able to get on but at least I am hopeful I may be restored soon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch