POP 3 Server not responding...whose problem?

Kalb 20:50 23 Jan 03
  Kalb 20:50 23 Jan 03

For about 48hrs I have not been able to receive E-mails via Outlook Xpress....I continually receive the last e-mail and then the download stops and I receive the message "Your POP3 server has not responded in 60 secs..would you like to wait"
Waiting has no effect just a repeat of the message
Is the problem my end or the ISP..any ideas please

powerless 20:53 23 Jan 03

Who is you ISP?

Try icreasing the server timeout...

Tools > Accounts > Select you ISP > Properties > Advanced > Increase the server timeout say to 2 mins > Click "ok"

See if that helps.

Nellie2 20:56 23 Jan 03

Do you have a dial up connection? Sometimes a large file can jam everything up because it takes so long to download. It might be a good idea to visit your web based email account to see what is there and delete the large e-mail, this should free things up to enable you to download your mails to outlook express again.

Kalb 21:39 23 Jan 03

My ISP is BT
Web based E-mail account...how do I access that ?
Server is shown as 127.0.0.1
Increasing the server time out as you suggest..will keep you posted

Kalb 21:56 23 Jan 03

Increasing time out has no effect...150secs
Blue monitor line in Send/Receive box shows no movement at all
Getting to the log jam via the Web based e-mail account and then deleting...but how do I do it ?

Kalb 00:06 24 Jan 03

Solved the problem if there's anyone out there remorely interested !
Nellie2 set me off hunting for web based e-mail account....via Google..search for 'POP3 Server Problems'...a veritable aladdins cave....wonderful if you have Tiscali,Tesco etc ISP as they all have ways to clear POP3 snarl ups
But not BT !!
So I narrowed the search to 'BT POP3 Problems'and there we find POP3 addresse for BT Click, BT Com,
BT Connect,BT Internet etc
Offt we jolly well go to BT Click & after logging in with e-mail address and password there were all those E-mails listed...19 of them..you can either view them or delete so I deleted all of Tuesdays e-mails ( I didn't bother to try and find the bad egg ) and the rest is as they do say is history as the remaining e-mails duly downloaded and fell out in Outlook Xpress.
Goodnight all.

Nellie2 13:03 25 Jan 03

Sorry I couldn't get back to you Kalb but you seemed to have managed fine anyway. Thanks for ticking your thread as resolved and for posting how you managed to resolve your problem in the end. Always much appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…