POP 3 Email accounts with Broadband

Cliff_W 17:14 15 Feb 04

I've recently had NTL Broadband installed and I was using my Freeserve POP3 account nicely until I had to ghost my PC. Since I no longer need my Dial up modem I haven't installed this but now I can't send emails using Outlook and my SMPT/POP3 account. (I can receive fine just not send)
I keep getting a system administrator message 550 or 440 i think.
Is there a way of still using the freeserve no ties account for email whilst still using broadband from NTL? I can't stand the NTL world email account and would much rather keep the Freeserve email address.

Can anyone help?

joelmb 17:17 15 Feb 04

Yes you should be able to use it as before, but try changing the smtp outgoing email address to smtp.ntlworld.com

Hope this helps!

joeltr 18:03 15 Feb 04

i, like you went for ntl, and i couldnt stand it either, (freeserve also), you can create email accounts with with msn, it works fine, good luck.joel.

Cliff_W 18:26 15 Feb 04

I really want to keep my freeserve account and use it as i was doing (through Outlook) when I had a dial up connection.

Will changing the SMTP address to smtp.ntlworld.com mean that my emails will still appear to come from my freeserve email address or not?

joeltr 18:38 15 Feb 04

sorry cliff_W but i let my freeserve account lapse, it stops working after 30 days, and i never tried to recover it as i am using msn,so im sorry i dont know,

Clint2 18:40 15 Feb 04

Only one outgoing SMTP server needs to be specified even if you have several e-mail accounts.

deadneat 18:41 15 Feb 04

PostCast Server is a free server program that enables you to send messages directly from your computer. When you install it, it turns your computer into outgoing mail server. This is a perfect solution. click here
I have a wires only BT connection & this works great. It looks like mail comes from freeserve. You need to dial in every 3 months to keep freeserve current or reinstate account when it stops. Hope this helps

Cliff_W 20:36 15 Feb 04

Joelmb - Your suggestion works! Well done!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…