poor wireless strength

bert52a 19:41 26 Sep 06

I'm using my newly purchased netgear wireless routerdg384g 802.11g and a belkin 802.11g network card.When I connect to the networ at work about 25 feet away and with two walls in between I get an excellent signal but at home using aol to connect I find its very limited-in the bumf for the netgear it says up to 60m but at only about 10 metres i can't get a signal.
Is this the nonsense you have to put up with?
Is wireless yet another Sales hype?

fitshase 19:45 26 Sep 06

Find out which version of the router it is (look on the label for the version "v") and then log onto your router to find out the firmware version.

Check the netgear site for a firmware update as I have the same router and had the same problems. I went so far as to buy a bigger antenna but that didn't make much difference.

One of the firmware updates has "Improved wireless stability". I installed the latest firmware and I now get a full, uninterupted signal throughout the flat.

Regards

Fitshase

Sandy110 20:00 26 Sep 06

This might help click here

bert52a 21:05 26 Sep 06

Fitshase thanks.
I tried this but when I tried to access the firmware when I clicked on the browse button to locate the file it said invalid file name -itseems to be the address of the zio file and not the actual file but when I unzipped the file I could find no way to access it through the browse button .It just goes to the zip file from which i can't the unzipped file.
hope this makes sense

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…