poor wireless pickup

pcuser1 14:58 24 Jun 07

We have a BT home hub which we use for our wireless network.It works fine with 2 pcs upstairs but with an evesham voyager C530 laptop the range of pick up is very low and will only connect when in the same room.I have uninstalled and reinstalled the network card and updated the drivers but this has not improved matters.Any other suggestions?

postie24 17:05 24 Jun 07

Try changing the channel of the homehub,or moving it to another position incase anything is interfering with the signal

pcuser1 19:47 24 Jun 07

I thought about changing the channel but dont know how to do this.Any ideas

postie24 20:11 24 Jun 07

You have to go on the hubs homepage,heres a link to the homehub for you to have a read through
click here

postie24 20:12 24 Jun 07

You have to go on the hubs homepage,heres a link to the homehub for you to have a read through
click here

pcuser1 21:00 24 Jun 07

Thanks I will try that tomorrow

pcuser1 21:11 26 Jun 07

The hub was set to channel 6 I have tried 1 and 11 but although I get a strong signal the quality is poor and it drops the internet connection when you go upstairs.Evesham have offered to send out an onsite engineer should this be my next step?

postie24 15:22 27 Jun 07

Can you borrow a wireless usb dongle and see if you can get online with that?

pcuser1 19:14 27 Jun 07

I can get online with the installed wireless card it just has a very short range dont know anyone with a wireless usb dongle.Evesham arranging for an engineer to call we do have a warranty as not had the laptop more than a year.

postie24 19:38 27 Jun 07

I had the same problem with my onboard lan card,tried a usb dongle and it worked.
Let me know how you get on after the engineers visit

Postie24

pcuser1 20:58 20 Jul 07

The wireless card was not connected to the antenna!He fitted a new card as well anyway all fine now but many thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac