Poor volume on laptop

nickhick 20:29 29 Aug 03

When I bought my new Compaq Presario laptop in April, to replace my old Compaq Armada 1700 laptop that I'd originally bought second hand, I had expected that the new one would have a sound quality at least equal to the old one. This was not to be however, as the actual volume output seems to be much lower and generally inferior despite having all the appropriate volume controls at max. etc. Of course it may be limited to protect the primitive speaker cones fitted. The fans on the new model are also 'on' a lot of the time in order to keep the innards from overheating as of course the P4 processor needs cooling a lot compared with the old P2 233MHz one fitted in the older laptop. This fan noise although drowns out some of the sound emanating from the speakers.

Diodorus Siculus 00:10 22 Nov 04

That seems to be the case with a lot of lower end laptops these days. Try external speakers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…