Poor sound sync on DVD's from TV shows

john bunyan 16:18 26 Feb 06

I have an MCE2005 system. When I record a tv show and convert dvr-ms files using Prime Time Deluxe so I can watch on stand alone DVD player the resulting DVD has poor sound to vision sync. Any ideas? Ihave heard of codec problems but dont know how to deal with them.The software doesnt seem to allow one to adjust the burn speed.

stalion 18:24 26 Feb 06

this is probably down to the program you are useing to convert have seen many threads with your problem and usually the answer is to try a different program.
This one has a free trial and is not expensive to buy click here

dumb_haddik 18:32 26 Feb 06

How bad is the sound sync? I have a problem also with my DVD Recorder, i recorded the Brits '06 onto a 4.7gb DVD, and upon further inspection the sound is out-of-sync. Consider the fact you have a faulty recorder.

Audeal 19:13 26 Feb 06

This could possibly be due to dropped frames. If I capture in AVI then I get a lot of dropped frames which means that the picture gets ahead of the sound, but if I capture in mpeg2 then I get no dropped frames and therefore perfect "Lipsync" as it is called.

john bunyan 17:38 01 Mar 06

Thanks for suggestions. I read that MCE systems need Sonicencoders.msi file . I am folling this up. The sound sync is fine when recording and replaying DVD on the computer leaving the files as dvr-ms, so I think the recorder is ok. I wnt to record in mpeg2 but MCE records in dvr-ms and the only way so far I have found to convert files is with Prime Time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…