poor sound on new laptop

Snadds 08:26 09 Jun 06

I have a new evesham laptop running XP Media Centre sp2. I have loaded up photoshop and some plug ins and in the process I have managed to corrupt the sound from the cd player.Music and speech is slow and distorted. Can anyone help me repair the problem please.

Minkey1 09:26 09 Jun 06

Assuming there's no physical damage to the sound card, have you tried System Restore to go back to before your add ins ? Alternatively, if it's brand new, how about reinstalling the system to as supplied and start set up again ?

Does Device Manager show any issues by the sound card ?

Snadds 20:03 10 Jun 06

Thanks for responding minkey if I do a system restore back to before loading photoshop and plug ins will I loose those and have to reinstall them. Also where do I find device manager in XP media centre. I`ve tried control panel but can`t find it.

alexgray104 20:14 10 Jun 06

Doing a system restore will get rid of the programs yes, and you will have to reinstall them. To get to device manager, right click my computer, press properties and then go to hardware. There is a tab there for device manager.

Snadds 22:41 11 Jun 06

Device manager shows no issues. System restore won`t let me go back to last month. I press the arrow but it won`t go back to may.I`ve uninstalled photoshop and the plug ins but the sound is still distorted and slow, come to think of it the whole system seems much slower. Could the problem be in the registry? Minkey suggests reinstalling the system to as supplied, could you please tell me how to do that, Thanks guys.

woodchip 23:27 11 Jun 06

For System Restore. Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore

Snadds 22:31 14 Jun 06

thanks for the advice guys I`m up and running again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced