Poor quality small text on websites

7squadron 03:50 06 Oct 05

I have recently noticed a degeneration of the small text (below 8 font) on some websites. Text that was previously clear has become broken up and unreadable. Including that on my AOL home page.
I have tried changing the resolution of my monitor which improves things a bit, but the letters remains fragmented, as though broken up.
I have a Belinea TFT monitor and run Windows XP pro.

AndySD 04:05 06 Oct 05

It may be that the graphics card dirver has become corrupt. Try reinstalling the driver or updating it.

Wak 14:16 06 Oct 05

If you have Internet Explorer go to VIEW/ TEXT SIZE and select "Largest".
I have found that this in IE can affect the text size in some web sites particularly the Windows Help Files.
Hope this helps.

Wak 14:19 06 Oct 05

P.S.
You can also alter the text size by holding down the Control Key while turning the mouse scroll wheel.

feb 14:40 06 Oct 05

Hi 7squadron

Have you tried using cleartype click here

€dstowe 16:18 06 Oct 05

Do you use Crap Cleaner?

Apparently some browsers can become unstable on some sights if CCleaner is used with the browser open resulting in the effect you are getting. The answer is to close all browsers and run Crap Cleaner again.

Oddly, this doesn't happen with all web sites.

€dstowe 16:19 06 Oct 05

Apologies for the misuse of the word "sights" (above).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…