Poor quality picture.

Freshnest 17:35 19 Mar 04

I am running Windows 98 and am having trouble getting a decent picture on my screen. When I go into "Display" "Settings", I cannot get out of the lowest configuration, which seems to be 16 colours and 640x480. If I attempt to amend to a higher configuration and press "Apply", the setting just flies back to 640x480.
I have an Axion 17 inch monitor but settings does not appear to recognise it. I have tried removing the monitor in Device Manager but "Plug and Play does not seem to operate and I am still stuck with an anonymous default driver.
This could be a software or a hardware problem but I would be grateful if anyone can give me some advice on how to sort it out

Diemmess 17:42 19 Mar 04

This is most likely to be caused by the wrong or missing video display driver.

This is the driver for the video card and not the monitor

Valvegrid 17:44 19 Mar 04

Has this just happened? If it hasn't you may have to download a driver for the monitor from Axiontech.

click here

Old Shep 17:48 19 Mar 04

Try updating your drivers go into control panel/device manager and click on display adaptors for your version. Go to their website and download the latest drivers.

woodchip 17:58 19 Mar 04

Right Click Desktop\Properties\Settings\Advanced\Settings\Monitor\Change\Next\Display a list of all the drivers Now choose a SVGA desktop monitor with over the 1000x700 click apply then OK. You may have to restart your comp after you set the resolution and colour

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…