poor quality cd copying

kc50 23:21 06 Sep 03

Hi
Wondered if anyone can help. When I copy a music cd i am getting noise (crackling) on the beginning of the copy when its played back. I disabled anti virus as recommended.
I did another copy in 'safe mode' and it was ok. How can I find what's causing the problem. Sorry but i'm a bit of a novice!
I'm using Windows XP
Thanks

madPentium 23:23 06 Sep 03

I usually find that speed matters with copying cds. If I copy a music cd fast and play it on the hi fi, it doesnt like it much.
Try burning slower, say X4

kc50 23:32 06 Sep 03

Thanks i'll give it a try. I may be back!!

kane_2002k 05:12 07 Sep 03

speed largely responsible, also could try using higher quality media (TDK, ritek, traxdata or TAIYO YUDEN).

BBez 06:20 07 Sep 03

Windows locks certain files that sometimes interferes with duplication of CD's. depending on what protection methods are included on the CD you are attempting to copy, this can produce the crackling effect you are getting

-pops- 08:26 07 Sep 03

If you are attempting to copy commercial CDs remember that they frequently have devices on them to stop you doing just that. The effect you are experiencing may be due to one of these.

leo49 09:27 07 Sep 03

Highly unlikely that copy protection is the cause as there are still only a relative few of such CDs about - and any that are must be clearly marked as such on the liner.

A far more likely suspect is your copying method,media quality and burning speed relative to your theoretical maximum burning speed. The most reliable result is usually obtained by first ripping the CD to your HDD and then burning at a notch or two below your CDWriters claimed maximum speed.

kc50 19:22 11 Sep 03

thanks for your help! tried burning slower and it seemed to do the trick.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…