poor picture

carbinelamp 19:18 09 Mar 05

HI, the pictures that i am getting from the internet are very poor. The pictures that i get from my "picture it" software is good. Can someone help me get better pictures from the internet please. My thumb nails on my ISP server page seem to broken into little squares. I have Tesco Broadband,and a Hewlett Packard PC. Please help. Thanks Selwyn.

Dorsai 20:13 09 Mar 05

Many pictures on web pages are heavily compressed to make them smaller. The smaller they are, the faster they download.

Can you post a link to one site that you are having trouble with, as it may well be that the pictures that are poor quality for you are just poor quality pictures to start with.

To post a link, just copy the address from your web brouser, and paste it into the reply box.

If you use an internet accelerator, such as On Speed, this will result in a degradation of image quality, as the speed increase is achieved my compressing the data even further. The nigher the level of compression, the poorer pictures look.

This picure look fine to me. click here

How does it look to you?

woodchip 20:17 09 Mar 05

No blocks hear and on Dial-Up downloaded fast Monitor set to 1600x1200 19in Crt

Dorsai 17:35 10 Mar 05

By e-mail:

HI Dorsai, Thank you for your support. I have looked at the picture that you sent and it appears to consist of little squares all over. I do use On Speed. AS I said before even the thumbnails on the Tesco home page looks the same(tiny squares)

Thats the cause of your problem I believe Varbinelamp, On-speed.

I have not used on-speed, but believe that there is a way of adjusting the level of compression it uses to speed up your connection. I suggest you try 'slowing it down a bit'.

I am assuming that pictures already you computer look OK though, and it's only ones on the net that are poor.

Regards, D.

woodchip 18:11 10 Mar 05

On Speed, is why you get blockes with pics

carbinelamp 22:58 10 Mar 05

HI DORSAI, YES THE PICTURES THAT ARE ON MY PC ARE ALL RIGHT. THE PICTURES FROM THE NET ARE THEW PROBLEM. I WILL TYR TO FIND A WAY TO SLOW DOWN THE ONSPEED AS YOU SGGEST BUT I AM NOT TO CONVESANT WITH PC'S. CARBINELAMP

woodchip 23:09 10 Mar 05

If you want a good pic you will have to temporary disable On Speed

carbinelamp 23:14 10 Mar 05

THANK YOU WOODCHIP. I HAVE BEEN FIDDLING WITH THESETTINGS ON ON SPEED AND I AM GETTING RESULTS. I'M SURE THAT YOU ARE RIGHT. I WILL COME BACK TO YOU AGAIN ON ANOTHER DAY AND LET YOU KNOW HOW I FINISH UP. THANKS AGAIN. CARBINELAMP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017