poor photo display??

cbrookes75 20:03 10 Apr 06

can anyone help me please, i have a 15 inch lcd monitor that is around three years old. all of a sudden photos and videos do not display properly, everything else displays fine, but photos and videos have strange blue and reddish discolouration on the highlights and shadows of an image, this varies in degrees from a minor irritation to making videos unwatchable, svideo output to my tv displays images perfectly, any help will be greatly appreciated, many thanks from chris

woodchip 20:09 10 Apr 06

Sounds like Faulty Graphics card

woodchip 20:10 10 Apr 06

Sounds like Faulty Graphics card.

PS if you have a Old CRT monitor try it to check graphics card

cbrookes75 20:13 10 Apr 06

i think i have the old 64mb graphics card somewhere perhaps i will try to change this from my nvidia thing i have in now, but if it was the graphics card wouldnt the display on my tv not look right either ????

woodchip 20:16 10 Apr 06

Goes through different part of card

cbrookes75 20:19 10 Apr 06

have located old card will change it over at some point. will this card automatically work ??? i seem to remember i didnt have to do anything when i changed them the first time

woodchip 20:23 10 Apr 06

You will need to load drivers for it, also pull the wall plug out before you change it and try not touch any components or electric tracks

cbrookes75 20:42 10 Apr 06

well tried old card ,,, exactly the same, this made me believe monitor was problem so i pressed menu on monitor, scrolled to reset and hey presto, perfection once again, many thanks for your replies and help (though i still dont know what caused problem other then resetting monitor fixed it ) thanks anyway cheers from chris

woodchip 20:49 10 Apr 06

Glad you managed to sort it. You are in the driving seat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…