Pollbooths in osCommerce (Taran got any clues)

wolfen 15:14 08 Nov 03

Has anyone had any experience with pollbooths in osCommerce.

I am having problems getting past all the bugs.

Getting language errors in sql.

I have managed to work around some of the bugs but have became stuck.

Forum Editor 18:27 08 Nov 03

elaborate a little?

PurplePenny 19:36 08 Nov 03

Which version of osCommerce are you using? I'm using 2.2MS2 which doesn't come with a Poll Booth.

Are you using the Poll Booth contribution? If so are you using the latest version cos the older versions apparently did produce sql errors.

Or are you using one of the versions of osC that come ready loaded with contributions like "Loaded" from Phesis? I can't find a list of which contributions come with that but if the Poll Booth is one maybe it is the earlier version with bugs.

Try the appropriate support forum:

click here

click here

wolfen 20:07 08 Nov 03

I am using the MS2.2 with the pollbooth contribution which is by Phesis and have been trying the osCommerce Forum.

I fixed one Bug in admin/includes/coloumn_left.php which read as

this should read as

Another bug fix was
admin/poll.php which read as

$cfgInfo_array = tep_array_merge($configuration, $cfg_extra);

this should read as

$cfgInfo_array = array_merge($configuration, $cfg_extra);

There was another bug when in admin poll config could not get status of poll being private/public open/closed but thought I had this however this does not give me access to polls when in catalog as logged in customer and if I click to reveal results of any poll I get this error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select * from phesis_comments where pollid = \'2\' and language_id = \'1\') as t' at line 1

select count(select * from phesis_comments where pollid = \'2\' and language_id = \'1\') as total

any help in the right direction would be appreciated.

PurplePenny 21:27 08 Nov 03

These two suggestions from the osC forum...

OR..... remove the comments completely (that solved it for one user)

wolfen 22:10 08 Nov 03

Yeah, I read that one but was not sure if this was the same situation, I shall give it a try and see.

You have been most patient and helpful Penny

wolfen 12:20 09 Nov 03

Ok I have tried the comment to COMMENT no change.
I have tried omitting comments no change.
I found an inclusion statement no change.

PurplePenny 20:26 09 Nov 03

The guy that wrote the original poll booth was Ian Wilson, he isn't on the osC forum anymore (left in August). I've seen Loaded (the one that Phesis supply) referred to as "Ian's Loaded" so maybe he is something to do with Phesis now (I'm just putting 2+2 together, so I may be making 5!).

Or try the oSCDox forum:

click here

They also provide a contribution-preloaded version of osC called MS2-MAX. They don't get as much traffic as the main osC forum so you may have a better chance of a reply there (but if you do don't mention it on the main forum).

wolfen 21:33 09 Nov 03

Thanks for the time and effort Penny, was busy working on a solution.

I now have 99% working poll thanks to yourself, some of the guys on the os forum and some bloody minded determination on my own part.

I still have a couple of bugs to iron out on ADMIN side however everything else appears to work, just need to give a thorough soak test.

I have also been working on those chmods

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…