pola1l.exe trojand dialer help please...thankyou

bof:) 18:32 04 Jan 05

Hi All, friend has gone down to Uni to visit daughter and found this on her PC. Avg has detected but cannot get rid of.

Using XPhome...ntl B/B

tried to delete file its in but is not allowed to.

Could anyone suggest how to get rid of this please,

Many thasnks.

Mike

bof:) 18:33 04 Jan 05

ps has already updated and ran Spywareblaster and spybot and Asquared.

ACOLYTE 18:40 04 Jan 05

Dialers wont do a great deal on BB conections but,you could try starting in safe mode and deleting it that way,you would need to know the path to the file.

bof:) 18:50 04 Jan 05

pps now been told it says 'Trojan horse Downloader.Agent.AS' 'poll1l.exe' Its getting really confusing now...help pleaseeeeee

Mike

bof:) 18:52 04 Jan 05

Thanks ACOLYTE, I've suggested doing this to her but I think its too technical for her. I've also told her dialers dont do much harm on BB (or so I'm told).

But she wants to try and get rid of it before she leaves her daughter tonight.

Mike

bof:) 19:01 04 Jan 05

just sent web address' of stinger and cwshredder.will they do it?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:15 04 Jan 05

Trojan removers :-
click here
click here
click here

bof:) 13:57 06 Jan 05

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\, thanks for the sites. I've sent them in an email to my friend and told her to download and run them.

Thank you again for your help,

Mike

bof:) 21:22 24 Jan 05

Hi all,

Fruit Bat /\0/\, one of the sites you suggested did the trick. Thanks for the help.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…