Poistion Of Network Hub, Does It Matter?

Box Car 07:20 16 May 03

I have 3 Pc's all with network cards/interfaces, I have at the present 2 of them simply connected together with Cat 5, and this works fine. I now wish to add the third Pc to the network using a hub, my question is does the hub have to be with the PC that has my ADSL connection which is via a Fujitsu modem & USB. The reason I ask is at the moment wiring the third PC to the main one will be a nightmare, whereas wiring the 3rd to the second PC would be a doddle, thus having the hub atop the 2nd Pc. The two Pc's that are networked now are on 24/7.

recap 08:56 16 May 03

As long as the cables reach all devices there should be no problem as to where you site the hub.

Box Car 09:07 16 May 03

Cheers, it's a rather large house with walls made it seems of an iron/kryptonite mix, I intend getting a router later this year which is when I will sort it properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…