pointer going crazy

DRFUMMEL77 21:29 26 Mar 03

Can anyone tell why my mouse pointer seems to have taken on a life of its own?The pointer has started moving all on its own,and i have found controlling the mouse pointer harder.Could this be some sort of virus?I have checked the settings for the mouse,and all seems o.k.Any ideas?

Belatucadrus 23:03 26 Mar 03

If you aren't using an opticle mouse, it could be as simple as crud on the rollers. Take the ball out and have a look inside. Traditional mice can accumulate a significant quantity of grot on the moving parts, may require solvent to clean off.

woodchip 23:07 26 Mar 03

As above Plus to add use a peace of A4 paper as a matt

eccomputers 23:12 26 Mar 03

if you have a ps/2 or usb port, get an optical mouse. You can get these for as little as £6.
I'll never go back to a ball mouse again.

Tog 08:06 27 Mar 03

Check for loose wires in the mouse or a bad connection at the PC end.

There is no going back once you have used an optical mouse, chuck the mouse mat.

€dstow 08:23 27 Mar 03

There is some "hoax" software available called Crazy Mouse or something like that.

So-called friends with warped senses of humour are known to send this, or similar, in emails.

€d

Andsome 08:49 27 Mar 03

You are right, I was sent it once by a so called friend with a warped sense of humpour. If I remember correctly it does not show in ADD/REMOVE programs so cannot be uninstalled that way, but it is worth checking. I seem to remember that I found it by the following, START/FIND/FILES & FOLDERS, then type in crazy mouse. When the program appears you can right click and select delete.

€dstow 08:54 27 Mar 03

The actual open file program is available to anyone warped enough to want it. I saw it once when doing a search for something else. I can't remember where it was but I wouldn't let on even if I could.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…