Poerpoint Won't Save

Allnamestaken 15:57 16 Feb 06

When trying to save (or save as) from PowerPoint 2000, I get a message “Unexpected error - error I/O 0”. This error message is then repeated many times (I have counted from 7 times to over 100). After the messages stop reappearing, the application stops working and cannot be closed. Resorting to Task Manager to end it, Task Manager shows it as running and gives the response, “Task Manager cannot end this task as it is waiting for a response from you…” before coming up with the usual end task box, which will end the application.

I have tried reinstalling Office 2000, which has not resolved the problem. I have researched Microsoft’s libraries, but can find nothing relevant. I suspected Hotbar and have removed it (completely I think) using a method recommended on the Web). This did not resolve the problem. Please could you help?

I am running XP professional with service pack 2 installed. (The problem existed at SP1 as well). I have an alternative boot to my older ME installation, where the PowerPoint installation works perfectly

VoG II 15:59 16 Feb 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…