Pod, Windows ME and ASUS V8170 MAGIC graphics card

Happy37 23:11 15 Feb 03

A game called Pod and Windows ME and ASUS V8170 MAGIC v.29.80a graphics card (64MB DDR memory and AGP)

How do I configure Pod to run under Windows ME with the above graphics card?

I run the ubisetup.exe and setup.exe programs using the Run command in Windows ME and the setup program completes and uses the settings to play Pod under Windows ME.
The game loads the opening screen fine but once that goes past, the display becomes garbled and you cannot see anything on the screen so that you can load and play the game.

Is this a problem with the card itself or is there a patch available to make the game work with the above card?

Have you come across this problem before?

What parameters and settings do I have to use/specify within setup to make the game work?

So, I have since reformatted my drive and reinstalled Windows ME from scratch to try again. The setup program installs the game properly but now a message comes up as follows:-

Ip DD : : SetDisplayMode -> DDERR_INVALIDMODE

Any idea(s) as top what this message means or is
related to? Having said that, my graphics card is a brand new one so I do not think that the VGA chip or CPU are overheating/overheated.

I am not using AGP Turbo mode for the card but how do I set the card to run in/at AGP 1X as it is running at AGP 2X at the moment?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…