Pocket PC calendar/time zone issue

MrShane 11:47 06 Jan 04

Hi there, this is probably a common problem. I have a HP Jornada 565, currently using Pocket PC version 3.0.11171.

I have noticed that if I sent appointments in one time zone, changing to another time zone messes things up. An all day event set for the ninth (my parent's wedding anniversary!) is now showing up for the eighth of Jan.

I was wondering what is the best way to overcome this? If possible, I'd like to get a freeware solution as it seems daft to pay cash for what is an elementary flaw with the OS.

I'd appreciate if ye could let me know the available solutions.

ps can I upgrade my Pocket PC OS? The processor showing up is the ARM SA1110.

MrShane 20:56 13 Jan 04

Hi there, didn't get any replies to this so sending again! Hope someone can help.

wx622 21:04 13 Jan 04

I have the same Pocket PC version, but I have a Viewsonic V35 instead. I recommemd that you firstly make a backup using a Pocket PC backup program, such as EBackup, or similar from
click here Then hit the hardware restore option (usually located on the back of the PDA) then restore it, using your USB connection. This may help, because the OS sometimes causes silly errors like this. You cannot edit system files on Pocket PC 2002, as you can on a normal PC. This may help.....

wx622 21:07 13 Jan 04

NB: Another good website for PDA downloads is
click here

Big Elf 21:10 13 Jan 04

I don't think it's a flaw as such. I may be wrong but I think it's trying to help if e.g. you travel to the US and have made appointments there then it's keeping track of where you should be. The only thing I could think of is that you use an application that is unrelated to the internal system clock.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…