pocket hard drive not working.

7 17:45 07 Nov 03

i bought this pocket hard drive 40 GB 2.0 USB. company name is click here. but whenever i connectit to my computer it says that ready to use but it doesn't show when i opend My Computer....from where do i need to open it....how can i use it?

Sam Witch 18:31 07 Nov 03

What operating system do you have?

7 14:15 08 Nov 03

i am usking windows xp home edition....

7 15:23 09 Nov 03

I have been posted this querry...if possible plz help....

Sam Witch 15:24 09 Nov 03

Is there any instructions on how to format it,
Most drives have to be formatted before you can use them, check in device manager and right click you should find it there then format to your liking.

7 15:32 09 Nov 03

i have got this hard drive as such with USB port with no instruction though there is a small CD is there how to install but when i plugged the hard drive with my computer it says that ready to use but i couldn't able to get it on My computer icon and there is nothing like whether i can formatt it as I am not able to locate it than how will i formatt it...secondly i try to search it also but computer doesn't say like whether it has found new hardware .....now wat to do?

Sam Witch 15:57 09 Nov 03

Did you go to the device manager?

7 10:57 11 Nov 03

where do i find the device manager.....do explain wat is in ur mind?

dave h 11:32 11 Nov 03

I have a similar drive, and if it isn't displayed, I find the following works.

When you have the drive plugged in, in Windows Explorer, click anywhere in the left hand window and press F5 to refresh the screen.

Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager.

If there is a Windows key to the right of ctrl key, hold that down and press 'pause', shortcut to System Properties.

SEASHANTY 15:40 11 Nov 03

These USB pocket drives leave an icon in the system tray (bottom right hand side of your monitor screen)
On first installation with XP a balloon will come up with the message found new hardware. After a short period it will say something like installation of removable drive complete. Now ready to use. On opening MY COMPUTER the icon for this removable drive should be visible together with a drive letter for it. Mine has been given the letter "H" which follows on from my DVD drive "G". It should also be displayed in Device Manager. If you haven't got the icon and drive letter for it stating "removable drive" in MY COMPUTER then it probably is not properly installed. Only windows 98SE needs the drivers installing for this type of drive. Do not
remove the drive from the USB port without clicking on the icon in the system tray which will bring up the "STOP" window. After clicking on STOP you will get the message - It is now safe to remove this drive"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…