Pocket Co Pilot Sat. Nav. doesn't work in Renault?

Simmpy 08:36 24 Oct 04

I previously had a BMW and was using a Compaq iPAQ with a Pocket Co Pilot sat. nav system. It worked a treat. I now have a Megane Renault Sport and the system cannot find the satellite from inside the car, step outside and it finds it straight away. A colleague has a Laguna and it won't work inside that either. Has anyone any ideas? I have contacted Renault and they have been useless, now there's a surprise!

Mr Mistoffelees 09:29 24 Oct 04

Do you and your Laguna owning colleague have the heat reflecting windscreen? My guess is that it is that which prevents your satnav from working.

anchor 14:01 24 Oct 04

I agree with Mr Mistoffelees. It is well know that this type of windscreen is a problem; Renault do fit them on various of their models.

click here

The best, and perhaps only, solution is to fit an external antenna.

click here

You could also refer to your vehicle documentation to see if there is special area in the windscreen provided for toll card readers. If so, try placing the GPS receiver behind this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…