'PMA Update Failure' in Nero - Pls help! :(

Evenstar* 12:48 29 Oct 06

Hi,

For a while now I've been experiencing burning problems with my DVD Drive, at first I got the 'Power callibration error' and now I keep getting 'PMA update failure'

I've been using discs that I've used many times before, without problems, I even tried another brand but to no avail. My firmware's up to date aswell and I'm able to burn CD-Rs with no problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Stuartli 13:36 29 Oct 06

This thread might help:

click here

Also try going to Device Manager>IDE Controllers>click on + sign>highlight Secondary IDE Channel>Uninstall>Reboot.

Then again, via Device Manager, go to the Secondary IDE Channel>highlight>right click>Properties>Advanced setting>Ensure that "Use DMA if available" is Enabled.

Evenstar* 14:00 29 Oct 06

I tried your suggestions and I checked the thread but I'm still at a loss....on the thread, it says deleting motherbord resources, memory controllers and IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers solves the problem, but he's talking about NVIDIA controllers and mine are Intel, so would the same apply? I'm not sure if I should do this.

Thanks again!

Stuartli 14:13 29 Oct 06

Don't know about nVidia, but I have a Via chipset motherboard and the Secondary IDE Channel advice applies.

In fact, within the last hour I've actually done just that on a friend's Pentium 2.4MHz system after adding a DVD rewriter to accompany his DVD-ROM drive for him...:-)

Evenstar* 14:18 29 Oct 06

Ah, I see....I did try that but it hasn't resolved the problem :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…