plz plz plz help. cant get rid of about:blank

second best 19:57 27 Apr 04

hello(teary eyed). i have tried desperately in vain ober the last 3 weeks to get rid of wahtever it is that is hijacking my home page (google) i have spybot adaware registry mechanic spy sweeper, cwshredder and hijack this, but it wont go away. i need a miracle cure.

Lionheart ? 20:01 27 Apr 04

Look here.

Lionheart ? 20:01 27 Apr 04

Sorry helps if you put a link. click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:53 27 Apr 04

have you turned off system restore, reboot and turn back on system restore?

G

Dan the Confused 22:25 27 Apr 04

Don't know your details, but if the above don't work try click here and download and run kill2me.

It's a common hijacking program at the moment.

second best 12:23 28 Apr 04

thanks all, but i think it was gandalfs' idea to turn off system restore that finally cracked it. not sure why though, but i'ts back to normal , for now. cheers.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:52 28 Apr 04

If, after repeated attempts, a trojan will not clear it is probably in the restore files and no cleaner will remove it as they are locked by default. Turning restore on and off usually sorts it.

G

second best 15:20 29 Apr 04

its back again?????$$£$%£^

cycoze 16:13 29 Apr 04

Try BHODemon - it's Free! from click here ,lets you see what BHO`s are running .

TommyRed 16:34 29 Apr 04

Once your problem is solved consider protecting your PC with SpywareBlaster, this prevents the majority of nasties getting onto your system in the first place. click here HTH TR

second best 11:28 30 Apr 04

ok, i have spyblaster, and i am able to keep google as my home page, but for how long. what, specifically, do i need to do to stop this happening again, and can i find out what is causing it in the first place. i would rather remove it that just block it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…