Plz help with spam and Outlook.

bda72 01:02 14 May 04

Ok guys I work at a hotel for poor wages and have a chance of a meal for 2(brownie points with the missus). They use microsoft outlook (not express) and have a big problem with spam(staff surfing nasty web sites) they get around 200 spam emails a day plus a few bookings but find them very hard to pick out. What would be the best email filter to use.

Many thanks for any halp.

Smegs 01:10 14 May 04

I use Mailwasher. Good, you can view the emails before you download them. You have a choice to Delete, Bounce or Download. I think it's very good.

krypt1c 01:39 14 May 04

You could try K9 from click here which inserts the word SPAM into the subject line when it detects what it thinks is spam. The user can re-difine mail as good [nont spam] or spam, so that K9 'learns'

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:12 14 May 04

click here and put Inboxer on your computer. It only works with Outlook and I have been using it for nearly a year and it is excellent. Takes around a week or so to teach itself but after that it really sorts out the mail. The best $28 you will ever spend.

georgemac 07:55 14 May 04

I have been using a service from filterspam click here which is excellent and was free when I signed up, but now states £5 per month which is very expensive - although I am not being charged.

However the filterspam service is powered by spamjab and you can still register for the same service with spamjab click here and it is still free! click here it is free to the first 1000 users so be quick and sign up! It is mainly targeted at families to stop kids recieving junk mail, but individuals can register altough probably not a business.

It really does work and once you have set it up you have mothing other to do than click the send/recieve button.

I wish ISP's would put a filtering system like this on the mail servers!

bda72 10:25 17 May 04

Thanks for all the help, I eventually went with Inboxer which appears to be excellent and very easy to use, it has already cut down the spam so they can see reservations at a glance now instead of spending a hour sifting through the rubbish. Your right Gandalf, even the tight hotel owner is willing to spend $28 on it.
Also stuck on a firewall, spybot and spywareblaster so hopefully their troubles will be over.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…