plz help, right click desktop properties, no funct

second best 16:36 19 May 04

hi, nothing is happening when i right click, properties on th edesktop. i'm trying to uninstall ATI driver. but right after resatrt it loads the old driver. i need to uninstall the old one before attempting to install the new, i think.

Arthur Scrimshaw 16:57 19 May 04

Details please -what o/s for a start?

Arthur Scrimshaw 16:57 19 May 04

Details please -what o/s for a start?

second best 17:52 19 May 04

sorry, i have xp pro on an msi kt6 delta mobo, with radeon 9200 256 and 1 gig 400 ddr ram. i've just been trying to boot to the desktop for about 40 mins, tring safe mode and altering cmos/bios. manged to get it on using last good config. but i cant uninstall my driver and update it. pain in the a**

Arthur Scrimshaw 22:22 19 May 04

have you tried 'Add/Remove Programs' in Control panel to remove the old drivers? Also if you have ATi Control Panel, remove this first,(do not restart PC), then remove the ATi drivers. Re-boot the machine, it should then be in default vga mode and you can then install the new drivers.

second best 23:14 19 May 04

that's exactly right art' is should, but it aint. installs drivers automatically, even b4 all the other startup programmes load. first it says, vga found, then ati radeon, ready to use. i cant stop it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…