plz help-disabled xp services. need msconfig!

second best 14:43 18 Sep 03

hi, i unwittingly disabled xp pro services last night in a bid to iron out a freezing problem. now i can't access the run command in the start menu to access msconfig to restore all the services i disabled. i have managed to enable the internet and a few network applications but i still can't activate the run command. can anyoe tell me what i might have done, and how to fix it

sil_ver 14:49 18 Sep 03

Have you tried restoring to last known good config?

second best 15:04 18 Sep 03

beta, it found 2 files but none of them would open. sil_ver i have tried last know... but no joy there either. i really need to know what i can do to reverse what it is i did. there must be an answer out there :(

cool_britannia 15:06 18 Sep 03

can you access services.msc from the run menu

second best 15:10 18 Sep 03

yes cool, i can. this is how i manged to reactivate the new#twqork setting so i could connec tot he internet, but i used admin tools in control panel to get here. if all i can do is go thru them one by one, then i guess tha's what i'll have to do , but thought there might be a quicker and easier route. i don't know what i need to enable to be able to access msconfig.

cool_britannia 15:14 18 Sep 03

click here should help you out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…