Plustek Scanner & Vista

concertina 10:36 20 Aug 07

I have a Plustek OpticFilm 7200 slide/negative scanner.
It works fine with my p-c and Windows ME
I want to use it with my laptop & Windows Vista basic.
Plustek sent me the relevant CD's to facilitate the use with Vista.
The laptop seems to accept the software but when I comply with the the instruction to connect scanner and click ok I get a blank.
Plustek support say "we have never come across this problem before - sorry we can't help"
Any suggestions please?

woodchip 11:11 20 Aug 07

You have no chance of getting it working with Vista I have a optic-pro that will not work with XP never mind Vista. You cannot get drivers for it

jack 11:52 20 Aug 07

With scanners- it is not 'drivers that are the problem.
It is the scanners own firmware.
This is a processor that controls the scanners actions on command from the computer - via the driver[of course]
But the scanner firmware made in the days of Win 95/8/ME - is looking for DOS commands.
And NT/2000/XP/Vista send out NTFS commands.
Some scanners were made dual to cope with NT in those days[mostly aimed at the Pro market] but not many consumer, ones and as far as I am aware no Plustek models- We had all this when XP first started being shipped.

jack 11:53 20 Aug 07

With scanners- it is not 'drivers that are the problem.
It is the scanners own firmware.
This is a processor that controls the scanners actions on command from the computer - via the driver[of course]
But the scanner firmware made in the days of Win 95/8/ME - is looking for DOS commands.
And NT/2000/XP/Vista send out NTFS commands.
Some scanners were made dual to cope with NT in those days[mostly aimed at the Pro market] but not many consumer, ones and as far as I am aware no Plustek models- We had all this when XP first started being shipped.

jack 11:53 20 Aug 07

Sorry about the double post - got a server error massage come up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5