Plustek OpticPro 9636T - now shows monochrome

naviator 17:09 11 Sep 03

Scanner when imported via Photoshop Elements produces only monochrome - greyscale or blue - results. No tech support in this country that I can trace but was able to download and open driver (9636t-e.exe) from Plustek.de site. However it had no effect despite re-boot and eventual close down to disconnect and re-connect scanner.
System is W98SE; processor AMD Duron 1300+MHz; 256MB RAM; C: & D: hard drives totalling 42GB. This happened once before but after much trial and error it eventually worked, probably more by good luck than judgement, and has continued to do so until software for Fuji FinePix S304 installed. Any suggestions appreciated!

Naviator

naviator 23:38 12 Sep 03

This problem caused by installation of digital camera software which, I assume, partially disabled the scanner driver. When the camera software was uninstalled the scanner reverted to it's normal full colour mode. I now have to figure out how to reinstall the camera gear without affecting the scanner driver!

anchor 08:52 13 Sep 03

I would forget the Fuji software, and use a USB XD card reader instead.

Sevendayshop have two models available @ £10 and £15.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…